A trusted advisor with deep technical experience and can authoritatively apply analytics to ensure the safety and efficiency of power systems on both sides of the meter.
As utilities modernize their grids by integrating new technologies, including renewable resources, and work to meet new policy mandates, they are challenging the standard analytical approaches the power industry traditionally trusted to ensure reliable, secure power system performance. Simultaneously, the introduction of competitive power markets is driving utility business transformation in a rapidly changing environment.
Large energy consumers – including corporate campuses, industrial plants and commercial buildings – also are adopting renewables, microgrids and other new technologies as well.
These developments impact the end-to-end power system across generation, transmission and distribution as well as the business of safe, secure power provisioning. This potentially disruptive combination of trends raises concerns among utilities and large energy consumers about power system reliability, resiliency, efficiency, security, regulatory compliance and sustainability, as well as energy assurance and costs.
Many utilities and large power consumers lack the in-house expertise to cope with these myriad, simultaneous trends. They both seek third-party expertise to perform the most up-to-date power system analyses to understand how these trends impact them and their business models. They seek a trusted advisor with deep technical experience who can authoritatively apply analytics to ensure the safety and efficiency of power systems on both sides of the meter.
EnerNex offers extensive experience with a range of power system challenges, including forensic root cause analysis, architecture and systems design, renewables integration, the role of power electronics, metering, communications and cybersecurity, demand side management and utility business transformation.
RELATED PROJECTS & ARTICLES
- EPIC Growth Spurred by a Passionate and Focused Effort | T&D World
- The Resiliency Continuum
- Live Line Clearance Evaluation Transient Study
- Episode #3 | Designing the Enterprise for Grid Modernization
- Episode #2 | Pre-Pay – Hitting an Inflection Point
- ADMS: a Product or a Philosophy?
- Presentation Material | Modern Grid Technology and Leading Practices Workshop
- Presentation Material | EnerNex Supports Hawaiian Electric Integrated Grid Planning Symposium
- EnerNex Announces Participation in the 2018 DistribuTECH Conference and Exhibition
- Grid Modernization in Hawaii | T&D World