Case Study: The Challenges of Distribution System State Estimation
Presented by: Jens Schoene and Muhammad Humayun
Part 1 in 2 Part Series: Leveraging Sensors for Greater Situational Awareness
To provide a real world example of a problem solution approach for improving Distribution System State Estimation (DSSE) for ADMS applications.
- Current status of DSSE
- Limitations of current modeling schemes
- Identification of improvements that can be achieved by properly locating sensors and defining the key data acquisition requirements
- Development of a Sensor Strategy Plan
- Understanding the limitations of current approaches
- How to define requirements for sensors including optimal location, type and information requirements
- Creating of a standard approach for sensor deployment.